What is Skin Rejuvenation?
Our Medilux Skin Rejuvenation system is design to clear vascular and pigmented lesions by using an optimal wavelength of light to target hemoglobin (for vascular lesions) and melanin (for pigmented lesions). When this light is absorbed as heat by the lesion it then disappears. This is a non-invasive and non-ablative cosmetic skin treatment.
This procedure can be used on the face, arms, chest and other large area’s, it does not injure the surface of the skin, so there is usually no downtime. It can improve skin texture, color, remove damage caused by years of sun exposure and minimize the effects of aging.
Benefits of Skin Rejuvenation:
- Smoothes and evens out skin tone.
- Removes sun spots, age spots and dilated capillaries.
- There’s an overall reduction to redness, flushing and Rosacea.
How long does a treatment take?
Skin Rejuvenation treatment is very quick and easy, many clients come in for treatment on their lunch break. There is little discomfort and no down time with immediate results!
Reasons not to have Skin Rejuvenation:
- If you are pregnant.
- History of seizures.
- History of keloids or hypertrophic scar formation.
- Active infection.
- Open lesions.
- If you are using Retin A (discontinue 2 weeks prior to treatment).
- Use of Accutane within last 6 months.
- Unprotected sun exposure or use of tanning beds or creams in last 4 weeks. Protected sun exposure means wearing protective clothing and use of a SPF #30 or greater sunscreen.
Procedure and technique:
- The treatment takes 15-30 minutes depending on size of area.
- Follow-up appointment for evaluation in 3-4 weeks and retreat if necessary for Pigmented Lesions.
- Vascular Lesions may need 1-4 treatments 7-14 days apart.
Will be determined at the time of consultation.
Want to learn more about skin rejuvenation? Check out this video!